The top 5 reasons that you want to buy Nigerian Dwarf Goats!
When you think of adding a goat to your family you might feel overwhelmed worrying about which breed that is best for you, well look no further. Nigerian Dwarf Goats are the breed that will fit the bill for experienced breeders and families new to goats. See Seven Gables’ available baby goats here!
1. Nigerian Dwarf Goats are Adorable!
There is no shortage of cuteness when you have a baby goat at your house. Nigerian Dwarf goats are playful and fun, they love to explore and climb, and they’ll even play games with you. BONUS TIP: Nigerian Dwarf Goats hurt less when they step on your feet! If you’ve ever been around goats you’ll understand, and if you haven’t, then you’ll be happy to know that you never will with a Dwarf Goat!
2. They can live in smaller areas than standard size goats.
When you think of a goat farm you think of wide-open fields, vast play areas, and acres of land. Good news, Nigerian Dwarf Goats can live in substantially smaller areas and be wonderfully happy! You can raise a few dwarf goats in a standard size back yard as long as you provide them with the amenities that they need to live a full and fun life. So don’t let the size of your land stop you from enjoying these great animals!
3. Nigerian Dwarf Goats can easily produce 2 – 3 quarts of milk per day!
When you think of great milk, nothing beats Goat’s milk! Having these goats means that you always have the freshest tasting milk available to you and your family and with the amount they can produce: you’ll never run out! These little dairy goats are bred for high butterfat content and high milking capacity regardless of their miniature size, you can make awesome milk products too!
BONUS TIP: These animals are dual-purpose animals as they make excellent dairy animals and are considered meat producers as well!
4. They can breed year-round!
Unlike some animals, these awesome ones can breed year-round. There isn’t just a season for these little goats, they go into heat about every 21-28 days. If you have the proper facilities and accommodations you can kid any time of the year, however early spring kidding is best because the conditions and weather are most favorable for the animals.
5. They can pay for their own room and board!
Yes, you read that right! These awesome animals can pay for their own keep. Going back to some of the benefits that we mentioned above Nigerian Dwarf Goats have skills in demand. Breeding and selling the kids to other goat lovers, Milking, Butter, Meat, and fertilizer, are just some of the things that you can produce with your goat herd no matter how small!
Here are two BONUS reasons from Seven Gables Farm in Hardy Virginia
- Nigerians Dwarf Goats, due to their smaller size, eat a lot less than standard goats and that helps keep their upkeep affordable for almost anyone.
- They produce fertilizer for your garden and other plants. Their waste although high in nutrients that dirt and plants love is NOT hot and can be placed directly on your garden. Mix that with sustainable compost and you can grow a truly awesome garden!
- They will help you control the vegetation on your property. These little goats will eat a ton and can digest almost anything including Kudzu, Poison Ivy, Poison Oak, and more!
So now that you have some great reasons to own a Nigerian Dwarf goat. Seven Gables Farm has baby goats for sale, education, and more available for all of you new and prospective goat owners and prospective owners. We also have raw milk available through our Milk Herd Share Program and everything so that you can start using reason number 3! You can learn more about our little farm here and let us know you stopped by!
Seven Gables Farm and Apiary is located in Hardy VA but we work out delivery options when possible for other areas so don’t let anything stop you from enjoying these wonderful animals so get yourself a baby goat today and start your herd off on the right hoof!
Contact us at your convenience with any questions!